In 2017 our university offers the Summer School Finance in Bonn again. At our Summer School we will sharpen your mind, develop your analytical and decision-making skills and help you grasp complex challenges and strategic opportunities in today’s financial industry.
The Summer School Finance is a program specifically designed for students and young professionals worldwide who have a strong interest in the European and international financial markets. Furthermore the program provides the possibility to improve their command of Business English for financial services and banking regulation. All courses are held in English.
The program provides you an overview of the concepts in the European monetary and financial system. The courses deliver a thorough insight into the financial markets and the international banking authorities in Europe and Germany. Additionally, it offers you a great opportunity to experience practices of the banking business and to visit the European Parliament in Brussels, the European Central Bank in Frankfurt as well as the capital Berlin. Your skills in Business English for financial services and banking regulation will be trained by a native speaker. A strategic business simulation for banks (Bank Management Game) will foster your academic and professional practice.
The programme takes place from August 3 to August 30, 2017.
Please find further information about the Summer School Finance 2017 in our flyer.
Informations about the Hochschule der Sparkassen-Finanzgruppe and its modern study concept you will find here.
- 4-weeks intensive program at a private university of applied sciences in Germany (12 ECTS)
- focus on financial markets
- qualified teachers specialised in banking and finance
- Business English for financial services and banking regulation
- small discussion groups and interaction between students from all over the world
- visits to major financial institutions in Frankfurt and Brussels
- cultural excursions to the Rhineland and the capital Berlin
The main subjects of the programme are:
- English for Financial Services
- Banking Regulation
- Strategic Business Simulation for Banks
- European Banking System
- European Community
- Applied International Corporate Finance
- International Banking Markets
The course objectives are:
- comprehensive understanding of financial instruments and markets
- overview and understanding of the European market and banking system
- knowledge of the European banking authorities and regulations
- application of Business English for financial services and banking regulation
- development of critical reasoning skills
- spoken and written English, especially Business English for financial services and banking regulation
- intercultural management skills
- understanding of global and especially European banking systems in a very practical context
At the end of the programme you will be able to:
- demonstrate knowledge of fundamental financial systems and banking markets especially Europe,
- understand the management of a financial institution in Europe,
- understand the European banking system and analyse the market in Europe and
- improve your organisational and personal skills.
|Prof. Dr. Bernd Heitzer | President||Hochschule der Sparkassen-Finanzgruppe | University of the Savings Banks Finance Group|
|Prof. Dr. Dieter Rohrmeier | MBA Course Director||Hochschule der Sparkassen-Finanzgruppe | University of the Savings Banks Finance Group|
|Prof. Dr. Thomas Dietz||Hochschule der Deutschen Bundesbank | University of the German Central Bank|
|Prof. Dr. Thomas Fehrmann||Hochschule der Deutschen Bundesbank | University of the German Central Bank|
|Ferdinand Feldgen||Sparkassenstiftung für internationale Kooperation e. V. | Savings Banks Foundation for International Cooperation|
|Timothy McPherson||Hauck & Aufhäuser Privatbankiers KGaA|
The fee for the 4-week program amounts to 3,200.00 EUR.
If you register until February 28, 2017, you will profit from an early bird discount of 500,00 EUR.
Price includes all courses and excursions, local accommodation with twinrooms and breakfast, health insurance, public transport and meals during social events.
The application deadline is May 31, 2017. Please find the application form here.
For further information please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org