At our Summer School Finance in Bonn we will sharpen your mind, develop your analytical and decision-making skills and help you grasping complex challenges and strategic opportunities in today’s financial industry.
The Summer School Finance is a program specifically designed for students and young professionals worldwide who have a strong interest in the European and international financial markets. Furthermore, the program provides you with the possibility to improve your Business English for financial services and banking regulation. All courses are held in English.
The program gives you an overview of the concepts in the European monetary and financial system. The courses deliver a thorough insight into the financial markets and the international banking authorities in Europe and Germany. Additionally, it offers a great opportunity to experience practices of the banking business and to visit e. g. the European Parliament in Brussels or the European Central Bank in Frankfurt. Your skills in Business English for financial services and banking regulation will be trained by a native speaker. A strategic business simulation for banks (Bank Management Game) will foster your academic and professional practice.
In August 2017 our university offered the Summer School Finance for the first time. Please find more about the this year's program in our flyer and the following pictures.
Next year the Summer School Finance 2018 will take place in August again. More details will follow soon.
You will find further information about the Hochschule der Sparkassen-Finanzgruppe and more details about the modern study concept here.
- 4-weeks intensive program at a private university of applied sciences in Germany (12 ECTS)
- focus on financial markets
- qualified teachers specialised in banking and finance
- Business English for financial services and banking regulation
- small discussion groups and interaction between students from all over the world
- visits to major financial institutions in Frankfurt and Brussels
- cultural excursions to the Rhineland and other destinations
The main subjects for the next Summer School will follow.
The course objectives are:
- comprehensive understanding of financial instruments and markets
- overview and understanding of the European market and banking system
- knowledge of the European banking authorities and regulations
- application of Business English for financial services and banking regulation
- development of critical reasoning skills
- spoken and written English, especially Business English for financial services and banking regulation
- intercultural management skills
- understanding of global and especially European banking systems in a very practical context
At the end of the programme you will be able to:
- demonstrate knowledge of fundamental financial systems and banking markets especially Europe,
- understand the management of a financial institution in Europe,
- understand the European banking system and analyse the market in Europe and
- improve your organisational and personal skills.
Information will follow soon.
Information will follow soon.